Saturday 20 February 2010

We're very proud

Today Lily has graduated from puppy school.


Now let's not get too excited here - this doesn't necessarily mean she is any better behaved.
However, it does mean that I don't have to spend any more Saturday mornings doing my best Barbara Woodhouse impressions in a freezing cold barn.

So, to celebrate we had a nice long walk home (no mean feat when you own the only dog in the world who doesn't really like walking) and admired the snowdrops on the way.

And then baked a batch of rock cakes - something I've not made since I was at primary school.
I've given up chocolate for Lent you see (and coffee) and was in need of a sweet treat to take my mind off the deprivation. I read about rock cakes on somebody else's blog recently (so sorry, but I can't remember where) and it sent me off down memory lane so I scoured my shelves for a recipe and here's the result - rather nice they are too, a bit like cakey scones.
And, having used up the last egg to make the cakes, I then had an empty egg box, which is just what I needed for my next project - chitting my seed potatoes.


Quite a productive day really and tomorrow it's my birthday, so I can be completely unproductive without feeling guilty about it.

5 comments:

  1. lol I have never heard of a dog who doesn't like going for a walk, but I'm sure it's quite a funny site! And yes, I was very very tempted to sneak a pony or two home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to the puppy x - yum to the rock cakes - hugely popular in our house, in part due to secret seven books.. and to the recipe in cherry cakes and ginger beer.
    Happy birthday for tomorrow, hope you have a really lovely day - and that there are some more eggs so you can have birthday cake xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday for tomorrow!

    Our pal's greyhound doesn't care much for walks either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh rock cakes yum yum My sister & I used to love these when we were young...thnaks for popping by my blog & saying hello. rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Lily - v big achievement

    Hope you're having a lovely birthday with lots of treats :)

    ReplyDelete