Monday 22 February 2010

A very happy birthday

41 - say it quickly and it doesn't sound too bad.
Actually, it feels better than 40 did.
Things were a little tough this time last year so, although I had a lovely birthday it felt a bit odd to be celebrating too much.
This year we kept it very simple, and it was perfect.
First there was breakfast in bed.


And no, somebody hasn't stolen my egg - it's just a handy receptacle for the various vitamins I've decided might keep me on the right side of healthy.

Then it was time for a walk. Not the original planned route as the snow had hit again (the first time I can ever remember it snowing on my birthday) but a slightly more local, lower level trek.

And look, we even saw some blue sky.

It was a long haul back to the car (particularly for the dog that doesn't like walking, although she did have fun running around, very fast, off the lead).

And then there was a pub lunch (a bit disappointing but not enough to spoil the day - at least I didn't have to cook it) and presents and a long soak in the bath. Such a pity it had to come to an end.
And today it was back to work. Enough said.

3 comments:

  1. glad it was a happy day - sometimes low key celebrations are indeed the best. a long soak in the bath makes the perfect ending to any day in my book xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue sky and breakfast in bed, nothing could be better!!

    ReplyDelete