Monday 1 February 2010

Unforeseen difficulties

When I finally bit the bullet and started this blog I though I'd considered all the possible problems I might encounter.

Lack of time and something to write about were amongst them.

Something to write about isn't currently the problem, I have loads of stuff in my head. It may not be that interesting to anyone else, but currently my main audience is me. Oh dear, could blogging to myself be the modern day first sign of madness? I was hoping it might help me find a little sanity - perhaps I was mistaken.

Anyway, what I hadn't realised was how hard it was going to be to get computer access in my house these days. It would seem that whenever I have time to blog, there's homework to be done, virtual worlds to be explored and important websites to be checked. Or, someone wants to look over my shoulder to see what I'm doing. And that just makes me very, very nervous.

It's one thing putting your thought and words out there to a load of (OK, a few) strangers. It's entirely another having your nearest and dearest discover your guilty little secret.

"You're blogging?!"

Pause for hysterical laughter.

"What are you blogging about?"

"I'm not. No. Nothing"

Blushes furiously and closes the window.

You see, I was going to tell him. Just not yet. Not until I'd found my voice a little and gained a bit of confidence.

So, what should I do now?

Reveal the web address and lay myself bare? Or keep trying to steal secret moments with the computer and run the risk of him thinking I'm really up to no good?!

In case I choose the former I should add that he's a lovely man and well used to humouring my little flights of fancy and scatterbrained schemes. But still....

4 comments:

  1. hi ! you are not alone! i caught the first of your blogs and i liked it! just to have discovered a new blogger and maybe tempted into it myself is quite something so please keep going. i AM listening, all the best,em ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks anonymous em - that lovely comment has made my day. If you do decide to give blogging a go let me know so I can return the compliment.

    Lynne x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to blog land. it was months before I told my hubby I had a blog, and no one else in my family knows excpet the children who are bemused by it. now he knows but doesn't want to read it, which suits me. I've made so many "friends" and learnt so much that now I can't imagine life without my blog, so hope you enjoy yours as much. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it took me so long before I could admit blogging to the lovely, and he still (to my knowledge) has never actually read the blog

    As for my real-world friends, none of them know, but that's part of the appeal for me as it means I can write about stuff without thinking which does lead to some of the best posts at time :)

    ReplyDelete