Monday 8 February 2010

Seeing red

I don't really do ill.

I was brought up to soldier on through all adversity with a stiff upper lip and a snotty nose.

Usually, I have to be hospitalised before I'll take a day off sick.

But not this time.

So, what finally brought me down?

Conjunctivitis. A sticky, red, itchy eye, completely glued together with pus.

Admittedly I'd felt a bit off colour all week and maybe this was the manifestation of it all, but it sent me into total meltdown.

What sort of woman was I, if I couldn't cope with a minor eye infection?

If I took the day off work, would I ever be able to make myself go in again?

Why did I feel so disproportionately sorry for myself?

Winter blues? Hormones? General run downess? A need for change and action?

All of the above?

So, it was off to the pharmacy for some eye drops (I don't really do doctors either), into the health food shop for some balance and then a quick trip to Waitrose for some flowery goodness.





It would seem that the absence of flowers to gaze at in the garden has driven me to ingesting them instead. And these two new flowery flavours certainly perked me up a little - Fentiman's Rose Lemonade and Montezuma's Orange and Geranium chocolate.

And now I feel a little better. Not great, but not as totally useless as a few days ago.

And the change and action I was blaming up there.

Well, it's been identified.

Now, what to do about it?

1 comment:

  1. sorry you've been so unwell, love the sound of your remedies - chocolate makes great medicine, and feel better soon xoxox

    ReplyDelete