Now, I liked this idea and immediately started a list, but time and procrastination inevitably got in the way so I never made it to 101 things, even though sometimes I feel like I have 5 times as many things I'd like to do.
Still, I kept the list in my drawer at work and every now and again I get to cross something off it. Occasionally I even remember to add something else to it.
Then I read that Rhiannon of the princess mug also has a list which she is rapidly working her way through and she regularly updates us with progress reports on her blog.
So here goes, I'm putting my list up for all to see. It's not 101 things. They're not all SMART. In fact some of them are downright vague, but it's my list and that's the kind of girl I am. Also, in true list writing fashion, I've already achieved some of them, so I get the instant gratification of ticking them off straight away!
- Empty my inbox(es). Managed to empty my work one once, but that was a long time ago
- Keep it empty!
- Make myself something to wear.
- Learn to knit and/or crochet.
- Teach my children to cook. Daughter now makes a mean fairy cake and son makes the biggest, puffiest toad in the hole you've ever seen. Still need to expand their repertoire though.
- Have something I've written published. Does this count?!
- Insulate the house.
- Run in a cross country race. I ran my first on 18/10/08 and then did 2 others that year. Can't remember where I finished - let's just say it was near the back of the field. Chickened out again last year (painful, muddy memories) but maybe this year I'll be foolish enough to give it another go.
- Bake some bread. Baked my first loaf on 8/3/09 and haven't looked back since. Don't get to bake as often as I'd like but really enjoy the therapeutic qualities of a good knead!
- To weigh 9 stone again.
- Start a vegetable garden. Did this in a very haphazard fashion last year - hope to be more organised this year.
- Pass my sports massage course. Completed this last summer (with a distinction!) but not giving up the day job. It's a long story, but after 2 years of night classes, I decided it wasn't for me.
- Hold a clothes swapping party.
- Comment on a blog. Think my first one was 2/11/09.
- Run another half marathon - my first and only one so far was early in 2008.
- Train Lily (the whippet puppy).
- Start a blog. Well, here I am - started on 18/1/10.
- Do up the shed.
- Sell something on eBay.
- Learn to sew.
And that's it for now. I may or may not complete it and I reserve the right to revise it any time I feel like it. It's my list and I'm damn well going to enjoy it!